This afternoon my AFEDRI SDR-Net SDR receiver arrived. After some connecting and configuring it is running at a 500k sample rate via the Ethernet interface card and gives me the whole 20m band in one view. The next couple of days I’ll experiment further to see what is possible with this SDR-IP enabled receiver.
Stay tuned and read some experiences in the next couple of weeks.
AFEDRI SDR-Net: website
FUNcube Dongle Pro+ Arrived
Yesterday I received the new FUNCube in the mail, It all looks very neat and Howard has left nothing to chance to deliver the SDR receiver in the right way. It is shipped in a professional manner, better than many companies.
In the evening I finally had some time to test this FUNcube, it turned out that during the test there were tropo conditions and that explained why there were so many stations visible on the 192 khz bandwidth in the 2 metre band.
I did a quick scan of the AIR, 2m and 70cm band and it is immediately apparent that we are dealing with a better SDR receiver than the first version. In the next couple of days I will spend more time with the FUNCube and add some experiences to this blog.
One thing though was amazing, I could received FO-29 beacon and the whole transponder passband on a vertical antenna, this had not worked previously.
- Guaranteed frequency range: 150kHz to 240MHz and 420MHz to 1.9GHz
- Typical frequency coverage: 150kHz to 260MHz and 410MHz to 2.05GHz
- TCXO specified at 0.5ppm (in practice about 1.5ppm)
- 192kHz sampling rate
- Extremely simple hardware setup, just two connections, an “in” and an “out”:
- Standard SMA female antenna port
- USB 1.x type A male connection
- Eleven discrete hardware front end filters including:
- 6MHz 3dB bandwidth (10MHz at -40dB) SAW filter for the 2m band.
- 20MHz 3dB bandwidth (42MHz at -40dB) SAW filter for the 70cm band
- Third- and fifth-order LC bandpass filters for other bands
- Front end LNA OIP3 30dB
- Typical noise figures:
- 50MHz 2.5dB
- 145MHz 3.5dB
- 435MHz 3.5dB
- 1296MHz 5.5dB
- Typical NFM 12dB SINAD measurements:
- 145MHz 0.15uV
- 435MHz 0.15uV
- No additional drivers required for Linux, OSX or Windows
- Integrated 5V bias T switchable from software
My current SDR setup, FUNcube dongle pro+, Diamond X5000 vertical, SDRSharp development version, high quality 2.5m USB cable and Windows 7 64bit.
Homepage and other references:
FUNcube dongle Pro+ website.